This information can also be found on pages 9 and 10 of the Reminder Binder.
The school has a right and responsibility to intervene at any time when there is evidence that the choice of clothing or a student’s appearance endangers the student’s health or safety or otherwise interferes with the mission or work of the school. In all matters relating to individual dress and grooming, students are required to exercise good judgment, exhibit responsible behavior and endeavor to reflect respect for themselves; their school and their community. All dress code violations are subject to progressive discipline. Therefore, student, parent/legal guardian, and faculty representatives have adopted this dress code for Lindero Canyon Middle School:
- Grooming styles and clothing that disrupt the educational process or create an unsafe environment for our students will not be permitted.
- Slacks, jeans, shorts, etc. must be worn at the waist and be able to stay up without the need of a belt or suspenders.
- Clothing styles that are unduly revealing or expose underwear (i.e..., short shorts are not allowed).
- Closed shoes must be worn at all times. Athletic shoes are preferred each and every day. NO heels, open toe/heel shoes or sandals. (Example: crocs or flip flops).
- Clothing which depicts, promotes or advertises any of the following is not permitted:
- obscene or vulgar material
- alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and other controlled substances
- illegal acts or violence; racial, ethnic, religious or gender related slurs or “jokes”
- gang affiliation
- Hats – Only Lindero hats are permitted at lunch, P.E... when outside, before and/or after school, for sun protection. Hats and/or hoods may not be worn in the classroom.
- Hair color must be of a natural tone if dyed or highlighted. Mohawk styled hair is unacceptable as is extremely spiked hair.
- No piercings of any kind (except ears) unless for cultural or religious reasons.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS
Warning - change into PE clothes (0 PTS)
1st time- change into PE clothes (1 PT)
2nd time - parent/legal guardian notified, asked to bring change of clothes or student will change into PE clothes, Campus Clean Up 3 days (3 PTS)
3rd time - parent/legal guardian notified, asked to bring change of clothes or student will change into PE clothes, SWP - Saturday Work Program (5 PTS)
4th time - parent/legal gaurdian notified, asked to bring change of clothes or student will change into PE clothes, In-House Suspension (5 PTS)