Skip To Main Content

Homework and Independent Study


Most of the Lindero Canyon Middle School teachers post class homework and other class materials on their websites.  This information may be accessed on the teachers' websites under the DEPARTMENTS tab.  Click on DEPARTMENTS and then TEACHER DIRECTORY AND WEBSITES, selecting the appropriate teacher and their class link.

For absences of two days or less, students should contact classmates about missed assignments. Students may also access assignments on individual teachers' websites. On the third consecutive day of absence, students may request make-up work from the Counseling Secretary at 818-889-2134 ext. 232. Homework requests must be received by 8 A.M. in order to forward the request to the teachers before the start of school.  Homework should be picked up in the Attendance Office after school.  Students have the right to make-up work missed due to an excused absence. The make-up period shall be no less than the length of the absence plus one day.

Teachers have NO OBLIGATION to allow make-up work for unexcused or truant absences and days missed due to suspensions.


If a non-school related trip during school session is absolutely unavoidable, the parent/legal guardian should inform the Attendance Office at 818-889-2134 ext. 32229. The student should inform their teachers with a note from their parent/legal guardian, and discuss the work that will be missed during their ansence.  

It should be noted: A trip is NOT an excused absence. It is up to the teacher to decide if he/she will provide or accept make-up work.  If the trip is 5 days or longer, please see the Independent Study information below.


Short Term Independent Study is for students through their school site who are absent 5 to 14 days consecutively. The district can/will receive state funds for those days provided that the student complies with the agreement. The student will be allowed to make up any missed quizzes or tests. The parent/legal guardian must request Independent Study at least 2 weeks prior to the absence by writing to the Counseling Secretary. The letter must include: dates, location, and that you are requesting to participate in Short Term Independent Study for your child while away. The Short Term Independent Study Agreement is sent home to be signed by the parent/legal guardian and student, and needs to be returned to the Counseling Secretary promptly.   Please email a letter to Nancy Schlenker, Counseling Secretary/Registrar OR drop off a printed letter in the main office addressed to the Counseling Secretary.   Note: The student will be sent a link to all Teacher Assignments. It is the student's responsibility to check the link and communicate with the teachers before the absence.<

Families interested in Las Virgenes Independent School (LVIS) in grades K-8 and seeking a more long term IS solution, should contact Dr. Mike Roberts at or visit (Typically 30 days or more) .