Parents of future 6th grade students - What You Need To Know
Dear Incoming 6th Grade Parents and Students:
Welcome to Lindero Canyon Middle School! A primary goal of middle school is to provide students with a smooth transition from elementary school to high school. Middle School students take a required academic program in Language Arts, Social Science, Mathematics, Science, and Physical Education. Students also have the opportunity to select one elective from the choices below, or request to be placed in the random lottery for Zero Period PE year and take two electives. Click on the Elective Descriptions to view the 2022-2023 electives we are offering. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions.
Current Year-Long Programs:
- Beginning Band – Students with no previous or less than one year experience
- Cougar Band – Intermediate level – acceptance based on director recommendation
- Beginning Strings – Students with no previous or less than one year experience
- Cougar Strings – Intermediate level – acceptance based on director recommendation
- Concert Choir – All levels
- 21 Century Leadership
- Current Exploratory Program: Class rotation - Students rotate their class.
- Middle School Success
- Introduction to Wellness
- (STEAM) Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math
Mr. Eric Anhalt